I loves me some good High End makeup! But at the same time, I also love me a good bargain. There is nothing more fulfilling to me than finding something fab for less. I thought I would give you all a run down of my favorite products that will not break the bank! Everything on the list is under $10!
1. Rimmel BB Cream $6.99 – This is marketed as a 9 in 1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup. While I don’t know if I believe all that, it is the best drugstore BB Cream I’ve tried. It gives pretty good coverage for a BB cream and has a really rich, creamy texture but doesn’t feel heavy when you put it on the face.
2. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer $6.99 – This is one of my favorite concealers, high end or otherwise. While it does not have super high coverage, it can blend like a dream. Perfect for highlighting the under eye area. I have all the shades in my makeup kit to use on client.
3. Maybelline Color Tattoos $6.99 – These cream shadows are truly a gem of the drugstore. I used to be addicted to the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows but after discovering the Color Tattoos, I’ll never go back to buying high end cream shadows. They advertise a 24 hour wear and seriously, I think that if you didn’t wash your face, they would really last 24 hours. Without Creasing! They have a great color range in the permanent line and are constantly coming out with limited edition collections so there is something everyone will love.
4. NYX Powder Blush $5.99 – NYX makes some amazing affordable products but their blushes are my favorite. They have a wide color range in a variety of finishes to accommodate all different skin tones. They are never powdery and blend on the cheeks beautifully. As a bonus, I’ve seen NYX products popping up at CVS Stores so they will soon be more widely available.
5. Rimmel Show Off Lip Laquer $5.99 – I discovered these when I went to the UK a couple years ago. Over there, they are called “Apocalips” which I, personally, think is much more awesome name…but I digress. Not long after I came back, they were in Walgreens and now they are part of the permanent Rimmel display with a wider color range. These suckers are awesome. They are like a liquid lipstick but with a high shine and super long wear. These are not for the color faint of heart! One swipe and you are full on covered.
6. Real Techniques Brushes $5.99-$9.99 – Now I know the brush sets will run you between $15 and $20 but the individual brushes are between 6-10. I really don’t think there is a better range of brushes at the drugstore…and they beat out some ‘High End’ brushes as well. The Expert Face Brush will change the way you apply your foundation and the Miracle Complexion Sponge is a pretty solid dupe for the Beauty Blender…and only 6 bucks!
7. Wet n’ Wild Color Icon Trios $2.99 – I know I’ve raved about these in the past but Y’all, they can’t be beat! I know Wet n’ Wild has come out with some 5 pan palettes and whatnot but stick to the Trios. Seriously the best powder shadows in the drugstore. Serious pigmentation and blend-ability. I think that everyone needs the neutral trio in Walking on Eggshells. This is my go to trio for when I don’t know what to wear.
8. Revlon Lip Butters $8.29 – Revlon’s Lip Butters are some of my Summer makeup staples. These have the most delicious feeling on the lips. Some would even say ‘buttery’. 😉 Unlike the Show Offs, these are more sheer on the lips so they are great for someone who is not used to wearing color on the lips and wants to try something new. There is a great color selection. Plus, I think the quilted looking packaging is adorable.
9. Jordana FabuBrow $1.99 – Easily the biggest bargain on the list. Jordana is a brand that I find at Walgreens and has excellent products for even more excellent prices. I am admittedly not a brow person. I don’t have them, I’m not good at filling them in, and they are often neglected. I know. It’s bad. But this brow product makes my brows a little bit more happy. The Taupe shade is perfect for people with my coloring because it does not have too much warmth, which is the problem that I have with brow products. It also has a little brush on the cap to help tame your unruly brows.
10. Maybelline Master Drama Pencil Liners $7.99 – These are my favorite pencil liners at the drugstore. I had notoriously stayed away from Drugstore liners because of past bad experiences with rock hard pencils. But after hearing good reviews on the Master Drama Liners, I checked them out for myself and was hooked. They are super creamy and easy to smudge out and have really good staying power. Pretty much everything you want from a liner. And again, Maybelline always has new collections and colors coming out.
So there you have it. A run-down of my top 10 products under $10. As with all Drugstore makeup, shop those sales and BOGO offers to get these lovelies for an even better deal. Don’t be afraid of the makeup at the Drugstore. There are really great gems to be found! What are your cheap-o faves?