Hey everyone! We are back from our UK Vacay and back to the disgusting heat of Texas in the summer. We had an awesome time and I picked up quite a few beauty items on the trip that I’ll share with you guys in a future post. BUT FIRST! Waiting patiently in the mail when we returned was my Ipsy Glam Bag for June and it did not disappoint at all.
Here’s the breakdown:
Let’s first start with the bag itself. Animal print and neon? Duh! Super cute and it feels more durable than the bag last month. (Not that I’ve had a problem with the bag from last month, just an observation!).
1. J. Cat Eyelashes and Glue Style EL99. These look really nice for a super glam look. The are long and a little flared at the ends, which will be great for a cat eye look. The band doesn’t look bulky or thick so I have high hopes that they will go on nicely. They also say they are 100% human hair….which I can’t lie, kind of creeps me out…are all lashes human hair? I don’t know. Anyway, I’ll try to remember to do a post when I wear them…maybe that false eyelash post that I’ve been meaning to do forever!
2. J. Cat Sparkling Cream Palette in Volta. Another J. Cat product. I’ve never heard of the brand but I’m going to go check out the line for sure. I’m not sure what to think about this glitter palette. It says to use caution around the eye area and I can see why since the glitter comes out super chunky. I’ll stick to my eye-safe Eye Kandy glitters for eye looks. So I guess it’s supposed to be a body glitter product? I’m not quite sure what I’ll use it for but I’ll put it in my professional kit and see if I can come up with a use for it there.
3. Cailyn Line Fix Gel Eyeliner in Iron. I actually have heard super good things about the Cailyn liners and had wanted to purchase one myself. So thanks Ipsy! I got the color Iron which is a pretty gunmetal grey. This stuff lasts for sure. I swatched it on my hand and literally had to scrub to get it off! The only thing to take into consideration is that it dries super fast so you have to work quick. Other than that, I love it and will have to invest in some more colors for super long wear.
4. Starlooks Tickle Me Pink Lip Pencil. I have heard of the Starlooks brand and had been cruising their site not to long ago so I was happy to see something from the brand in my bag. Lip pencils are something that are seriously lacking in my collection. I don’t really wear them as often as I should and never find myself gravitating to them at the store. So many more exciting things than lip liner. Tickle Me Pink is a really pretty true pink color and the pencil glides on very smooth. Not much other to say than it’s a lip pencil, and I like it.
5. NYX Mosaic Powder in Dare. Loves me some NYX and I don’t have any of their blushes so holler again to Ipsy! The Mosaic Powder is a powder blush comprised of 5 colors that you swirl together. The color that Dare comes out being is quite lovely. Not sparkly or matte but a nice satin finish that turns out peachy pink. Savy Likes!
So again, my Ipsy experience is a win! I also got a bonus Bauble Bar Bracelet for having 2 people sign up for the service! Shout out to Monica and Kymberli! If you want to join in on the fun too, click the link below! I’m happy to be back in the blogging groove…even if not happy to be back in America.